Monday, December 08, 2008

Rabbi Mickey Rosen

I was deeply upset to hear a few minutes ago that Rabbi Meir (Mickey) Rosen passed away last night. He was a very strong influence on my life at several stages, beginning when I was a high school student. Later, I studied in the Beit Midrash at Yakar, and was even privileged to work there as a teacher for more than a year. He was a gentle person, an original thinker, a learned Talmid Hakhamim, and much more. His book on Hassidut was published recently and the conclusion of his doctorate on the Rashbam was recently defended in the face of its critics.

Here are the funeral details as I received them by email
With deep sadness, we report the news of the passing last night of our friend and teacher, Mickey Rosen. הרב שמואל מאיר בן הרב יעקב קופל ז"ל
The funeral will be held this afternoon at 3:00 pm at Har Hemenuhot, at the Beit ha-Hespedim of Kehillat Yerushalayim.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

baruch dayan emes

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The link to the JQR paper is bad. It should be http://muse.jhu.edu/demo/jewish_quarterly_review/v095/95.1harris.pdf

Post more often!

2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Baruch Dayan Ha-emet. I spent a year on sabbatical ('95-96) in Israel and davened at Yakar every shabbat, and even taught there occasionally. The Rosens were very friendly towards me, invited to their home for shabbat lunch, and helped acclimate to the community.
I am saddened to learn of his passing.

4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home