Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bibliography

In working on my dissertation, it's a challenge not to focus exclusively on bibliographical questions. There are so many of them, and I find them absorbing, and very satisfying when I solve them. But I want my end-result to be more than that. We'll see.

Anyway, the new batch of books on Hebrewbooks.org includes some important bibliographic books, some of which are hard to find even in libraries. Like Habermann's book on the Soncino family, or the first Alexander Marx festschrift. The list is here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Lia said...

By "bibliographical questions" you mean questions about the writing of books?

Dude, if that is the topic that you love, why the hell not? Follow your heart. Whatever your mind produces academically will be stellar anyway, so you might as well allow yourself to do the stuff that seems the most fun.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home